Finally Microsoft has publicly launched a beta version of its Windows 8 operating System on 29th Feb for everyone who want to take a glimpse and eager to install and for try its features.
Microsoft choose The Hotel Miramar in Barcelona for expose another look of Windows 8 to Media.
Its better to take a look at Windows 8 Consumer Preview where you will find all features of Windows 8 as well as Its behind story.
Download Windows 8
If you are Interested and cant wait yourself to drive with Windows 8. then you can download a copy from
Windows 8 Consumer Preview-ISO Format
Flavors available – ISO Format :
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview – 32 bit(X86)
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview – 64 bit(X64)
System Requirement :-
Microsoft Says that It requires same hardware configuration which suitable to run Windows 7 and Vista. The system requirement may change in final release. so keep hoping 🙂
- Processor : 1 GHz or more
- RAM : 1 GB for (32-bit) or 2 GB for (64-bit)
- Hard disk Space : 16 GB (32 bit) or 20 GB(64 bit)
- Graphics Card : Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with with WDDM(Windows Display Driver Model) 1.0 support or higher.
- Screen resolution : minimum 1024 X 768 pixels.
Some great and unique feature can found in Windows 8 Consumer Preview [A/C to Wikipedia ]
- Picture Password
- New easy restore
- No start button
- New shortcuts for the Charm Bar
- Internet Explorer is new
- New background set for the Start Page
- New Ribbon organization
- New Apps menu template
- Windows Live ID Integration.
- A new Task Manager
In case of any query you can check Windows 8 Consumer Preview:Frequently asked questions where you can find some answers to some common questions about Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
Must see :
- An inside look from the Windows engineering team
- Explore Windows 8 [ Windows 8 and its key feature for IT Professional ]
so.. If you will get any chance to try Windows 8. please revert back and let me know how you experience it.